So here we are in a New Year and the Year holds many adventures and exciting changes in store for the Raptor, which I cannot divulge as of yet... I know, the suspense is killing you, right? Well, soon enough, Grasshopper, soon enough...
All I can say is, Stay Tuned...
At the end of a year and with the start of a new, people often reminisce and look back at the year that had passed and recall one's 'Bests' or 'Faves' of the year.
I found myself asking the following question in a conversation I had the other day,
'What was or were Your All-time Best or Most Memorable Meals of 2007?'
The month of January alone brings many a food article about the writer's 'Best Restaurants/Eats of 200_', which, of course, prompts us to think about what our own answers would be. I suppose my question has 2 parts - What were your Most Memorable Meals and Overall, What was the Best?
I really would love to hear some of your replies. Don't be shy now. You know I'm not.
And with no further ado - here I go...
The Raptor's Favorite & Most Memorable Meals of 2007...
- Absinthe was my Most Memorable this year. Grilled Steak with Bone Marrow. One Word. Unbelievable.
- Universal Cafe is my Favorite Brunch/Lunch spot. All of it is just so incredibly good.
- Farina the time I went with my Boys, Raz & Mark C. The Veal Chop is still on my Mind.
- Les Amis Revisited for Ally K's birthday - the entire Dining Experience was one of the best...
A Challenge To My Readers in the Spirit of the New Year....
I wanted to put forth a challenge to you to offer suggestions of Food or Places that you think I absolutely need to try this year.
Let's start with ones that are already on my List...
- Gary Danko. Check.
- French Laundry. Check. (in February)
- Zuni for their Wood-Fired Chicken, Caesar & the Zuni Burger
- Chez Panisse
- Manresa, if there's time...
- ??? Your suggestion here, Reader... C'mon now, what do you got?
Post a Comment